Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Disney Merchandise/ Rapunzel rant

#nowplaying: Hercules soundtrack

I was shopping at Walmart today and I really realized that there is SO much Disney merchandise. Obviously I knew it existed... it's Disney for crying out loud, but they're starting to come out with everything Disney! It's kind of wonderful!!

I saw a set of Disney Princess Barbies while at the Disney store priced at $100, which in my mind was totally worth it... unfortunately my wallet didn't agree. Today my boyfriend pointed out Walmart Disney Princess dolls, and I may or may not have had a small panic attack within myself because they were so much cheaper. There was one problem though... THEY DIDN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE PRINCESSES!!! I think my wallet may just have to suffer through this one, because if anybody knows me they know I own tons of Disney stuff. There's just so much Disney merchandise, and this girl wants it ALL!

I did however buy (rather my boyfriend bought me) a Disney Princess poster for the main room and this cute trick or treat bag with the princesses on it. I'm a little old for Trick or Treating so obviously I won't be using it for that, but rather as just a tote bag! The best part is... IT HAS RAPUNZEL ON IT!!!

Has anyone else noticed that because of the Disney merchandise being so old Rapunzel isn't on any of it? Personally, Tangled brought me back to the old princess movies. Most modern Disney movies are good, but they're nothing like the classics. For me, Tangled really broke that statement. Mandy Moore has the perfect voice for a Disney Princess, and although I had seen her in many movies before, I never realized it! Another plus to the movie is Zachary Levi (Flynn Ryder.) Not only is he incredibly attractive, but his portrayal of Flynn Ryder was just phenomenal. I thought Rapunzel definitely put a positive spin on the Disney princesses because she was so quirky and with that there was an appropriate modern spin, but there were classic Disney characteristics in it as well.

As I finish writing this, I realize I have had the Hercules soundtrack on shuffle while writing about a completely contrasting Disney movie. Whoops!

Next stop: My famous Peter Pan rant.

Have a magical day!

1 comment:

  1. aww this is so cute! Totally agree!

    check out my blogs

    http://crescent-moon-adayinthelife.blogspot.com/

    http://writersjourney-crescent-moon.blogspot.com/?zx=65657c09176741b2

    http://justicesaga.blogspot.com/?zx=e29c00ed034a71af

    Disregard the content warning if you want...your 18 I trust you lol...its just to be safe since on my writing blogs I do have adult material.

    ReplyDelete