Sunday, February 17, 2013

Peter Pan Diamond Edition/ Disney View

Hello all!

Happy New Year! Sorry I haven't written sooner, I got caught up with school and work and I guess time just slipped through my fingers! I'm back now though!

I hope you all went out and bought a copy of the Peter Pan Diamond edition! Now, if you're like me, you probably convinced a loved one, or two or three, to go and pre-order the special edition from the Disney Store to get the lithographs. My mom pre-ordered a copy for herself, and I got to keep the lithographs! Talk about a great mom.

My boyfriend and I pre-ordered it from the Disney Movie Club. With that, we received it a day early!! We watched it that night, and it is just fantastic. They incorporated "Disney View" with this edition, and for those of you who don't know what that is, don't go searching Google just yet.

Many old Disney movies were not fit to be played on wide screen TVs, so if you've ever caught yourself watching an old DVD of a dated Disney movie you've probably noticed the black borders on the sides. Disney View is an option on Disney Blu-rays that puts decorative borders that fit the scene to replace the black borders.

Many people love this feature, and many people hate it.

Personally, I found it a bit distracting because it changes a lot but it was a nice touch for someone who doesn't like black borders.

What do you think about Disney View?

Make sure to leave your comments below and have a magical day!


1 comment:

  1. I didn't like the Disney View, because it seemed very disjunct in its changes. If they were less frequent, or more gradual a change in background, rather than every time the scene coloration changed, I feel they would have been more effective. One vote for black bars, here!

    ReplyDelete